Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Best Laid Plans Of Mice and Men...

Okay, so last time you heard from me I was full of hope and enthusiasm for blogging. I promised it'd be regular, full of fascinating articles, even v-logs.  I pretty much promised I was going to run a marathon before I'd even made it up off the sofa. I think you know where this is going next.

I lied.

Rule #2 So does everyone else.


Or more accurately; I made bold, ambitious claims, and then fell into a deep lethargy and failed to deliver. It's a feeling I think many students can relate to, but I think it's now time to fight it. I'll be 21 very soon (then I'll be able to...er...adopt a child? Get a helicopter licence?), and I'm shockingly aware that many of my friends are graduating in a matter of months. That would have been me, had I stayed at Cardiff. They've got to think about full time jobs, private renting, mortgages or (most probably) going to live back at home in order to save up to do any of those things. I am faced with searching for some appropriate experience for my placement next year (not only is it difficult in its own right, but I'm surrounded by people doing AMAZING placements...sooo disheartening!), with an awareness of the emptiness of my CV.

So. So herein lies the crux of the issue. I did the most adult thing I've ever done. It may well be my coming of age. No, not drinking alcohol or voting, or renting, not living away from home, nor getting a part time job; I made a schedule for myself. Unprompted. I have a little plan, stuck to my wall, with little time squares shaded in, colour coded, which I am to stick to.

By the end of this year, I want to be able to say to myself, yes, I did yoga twice a week, I now have a nice chunky portfolio of spec scripts, I have a regularly updated blog (hopefully with some followers), I did all my uni work AND I didn't drown in a mountain of washing.

And so, the blog. That's the bit you're interested in. As you can see I've redecorated, and hopefully this, along with my plan, will be enough to ensure that each week, there will be a post for you to read. It'll be similar content to before, just more of it, more frequently.

Here's to November resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment